Sunday, June 19, 2011

Seeing the Slope

I have talked about my Columbia clothing in the past and how great it was skiing.  I can say as a person that wears glasses, that skiing can be difficult at times.  Wearing glasses and goggles becomes cumbersome.  If my glasses didn't fog up underneath the goggles, the goggles did on their own.

I did get contacts and that seemed to help greatly.  However, if you are a skier, you know the frustration of when you put your goggles up on your hat, or down around your neck and then later replace them around your eyes, the goggles have fogged up.  You wipe them or try to air dry them as best you can and then you end up with streaks of water droplets down them.  This is not the best situation when skiing. So I turned to sunglasses and ended up with a pair of Oakley Hijinx.

If you know anything about Oakley, you know you are talking style.  These glasses I found highly durable and greatly helped with my dilemma.  They didn't fog up on me while wearing them.  The are close enough to my face to make the wind a minimal factor to drying my contacts as I race down the mountain.  They allowed extreme ease to seeing the terrain even with the sun glaring down the snow.  They seemed to complete what I needed to enjoy my trips.  For any avid skier, they are worth checking out if you run into the same issue I did with wearing goggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment